I felt like I needed to do a quick update on your growth and progress since I haven't done an update in a while.
You are absolutely hysterical. I sometimes think you have the sense of humor of a grown person. I wanted to document a few of the cute things you do because I don't ever want to forget!
- You crack up laughing when you toot...you think it's so funny. I admit I laugh too, but I have a feeling I won't be laughing when you start doing this in public! You are your father's child!
- You love to torture Lexie. Your favorite game is to grab Lexie's toy, dangle it in her face and then run as fast as you can. You seriously go into hysterics with torturing poor Lex. If Lex happens to get ahold of the toy, you either get mad and pull harder or laugh even harder!
- You love bath time and if I even mention that I'm going to take a bath, you immediately head to the bathroom and start removing your clothes! You are also notorious for peeing in the tub...again you think it's hilarious!
- You love music. When we get in the car and I put on a children's cd, you begin waving your hands, clapping and squealing. It's so cute!
- You don't say many words yet only: dadda, cracker and cookie. Occasionally you will say Lexie and bye bye but you aren't much of a talker...of words...you jibber all day long. You communicate mainly through signs and shaking your head. No is a head motion I see all day long.
- Books are your absolute favorite thing. You will bring me books all day long. You grab a book, squeal all the way to me and demand that I sit and read it to you. You laugh with delight while I get us into position and begin reading. You'll clap after I'm done and then run and get another book. I absolutely love that you have a passion for reading! Heck...what could make a reading teacher happier?
- You are a picky eater. Like mother like daughter! You have not wanted any type of meats lately...just pastas, rice, cereal bars, yogurts, and fruit! You will eat a whole can of mandarin oranges in one sitting. You love bananas, pears, strawberries and peaches. Of course you love crackers, chips, cookies, cake and teddy grahams.
- You are not very affectionate and kisses from Aubrey are very rare! I ask for them all the time and you just shake your head "NO". HAHA! Now, if you see me give daddy a kiss, you will immediately give one to daddy. Jealous? Oh and of course Lexie gets kisses anytime she wants. It's just mommy that has to beg and plead for affection!
- You are still very busy and a great independant player. You love your toys, especially Elmo and your playhouse. You will play in your playroom by yourself for at least 15-20 minutes, then come looking for me or dad to play. You are starting to understand pretend and grasp things like playing with a baby or pretend cooking. It's so fun!
- For your basic stuff: you still take two naps a day. Each about an hour and a half. You go to bed around 8:30 and sleep until about 7:30. You are down to just ONE nursing...every morning. I just can't let it go! You wear a size 3 diaper and clothes range from a 9-18 month size.